- Created on Wednesday, 06 April 2011 21:59
A a man accused of murdering Irina Yarmolenko was found guilty and given a life sentence.
The jury reached its verdict in the case of Irina Yarmolenko murder after about two hours of deliberation on March 21. The judge then sentenced 42-year-old Mark Carver to life in prison without parole.
Carver said he was innocent. Forensic experts testified that his DNA was found on Yarmolenko's car.
Yarmolenko's brother, Pavel, thanked the jury after the verdict was announced.
Related news items:
Popular news items:
- North Carolina cities crime ratings - 20 Nov 2007 - Read 12828 times
- Peggy Hilt sentence reduced - 01 Oct 2006 - Read 10773 times
- Suspects in Irina Yarmolenko murder - 03 Feb 2009 - Read 8307 times
- Russian women and North Carolina soldiers marriage scam - 07 Nov 2009 - Read 6935 times
- Fort Bragg soldier to be tried in Russia - 26 Jan 2007 - Read 6635 times