Immigration News

Immigration fees to increase

Immigration fees to increase - 3.5 out of 5 based on 2 votes
User Rating:  / 2

us_immigrationIn the near future fees for filing petitions and applications at the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services may increase dramatically. Such popular forms as Green Card, work permit (Employment Authorization) and U.S. Citizenship (Naturalization) applications may be affected.

The United States Citizenship and Immigration Services announced recently that the filing fees for virtually all immigration services may increase in the very near future.

Currently, the fees are to remain the same. According to the law, a government agency such such as USCIS, must notify the public about a fee increase prior to implementing it. The public then has 60 days to submit comments about the issue. The earlies time the new fees may come into effect is summer 2007.

Some examples of the fee increases:

Application to Replace a Permanent Resident Card (I-90) – now $190; will be $290.

Petition for Alien Fiancé (I-129F) – now $170; will be $455.

Application to Register Permanent Status or Adjust Status (I-485) – now $325; will be $905.

Application for Naturalization (N-400) – now $330; will be $595.

Biometrics fee will also increase.

Add your comment

Your name:





Our website is protected by DMC Firewall!