- Created on Wednesday, 16 April 2008 18:10
New York Times site a few days ago published Immigration Stories. One of them is about a Belarus citizen who used to live in North Carolina. He was deported from the US and is barred from returning despite his marriage to a US citizen.
Vitaliy Kuznetsov, a 32-year old Belarus citizen, entered the United States legally in 1998 to play hockey for a West Virginia team. Due to his injuries he didn't make the team and ended up playing for another team in North Carolina.
In 2000 Mr. Kuznetsov married a US citizen and tried to legalize his status. The article doesn't go into the detail of his immigration problems, but they apparently were so complicated that even a marriage to a US citizen couldn't help his legal status. Vitaliy was arrested in December 2006 and deported in January 2007. He cannot return to the United States for 10 years after his deportation.
Original article may be found at http://news.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/04/11/share-your-immigration-story/
Related news items:
Popular news items:
- Green Card Lottery DV 2015 results as of May 2014 - 01 May 2014 - Read 58985 times
- Green card lottery 2013 results - 01 May 2012 - Read 52037 times
- Green card lottery 2014 results - 01 May 2013 - Read 44482 times
- Green Card Lottery DV-2016 Results as of 2015 - 05 May 2015 - Read 37452 times
- Green Card Lottery DV 2015. Apply in 2013. - 10 Oct 2013 - Read 23637 times