North Carolina Ratings
- Created on Friday, 09 March 2007 17:24
American Institute of Architects published a list of 150 most popular architectural structures in the United States. While the Empire State Building took the first overall spot, Biltmore house is the most popular private home in America. Bilmore is located in Asheville, NC.
To celebrate its 150th anniversary, the American Institute of Architects, together with Harris Interactive, asked 1,800 Americans to name their favorite edifice. As a result, a list of 150 structures was produced.
Biltmore is the most popular private residence. Overall Biltmore Estate is in the 8th place.
Top 10 U.S. structures:
- Empire State Building (1931) New York
- The White House (1792) Washington
- Washington National Cathedral (1990) Washington
- Thomas Jefferson Memorial (1943) Washington
- Golden Gate Bridge (1937) San Francisco
- U.S. Capitol (1793-1865) Washington
- Lincoln Memorial (1922) Washington
- Biltmore Estates/Vanderbilt Residence (1895) Asheville
- Chrysler Building (1930) New York
- Vietnam Veterans Memorial (1982) Washington
Related news items:
Popular news items:
- Cary, NC: Best Place to Live - 24 Jul 2006 - Read 10537 times
- Richest cities in US - 04 Nov 2005 - Read 8195 times
- North Carolina in Top 5 Most Popular States - 08 Oct 2007 - Read 8042 times
- Best States for High Tech Jobs - 25 Apr 2007 - Read 7825 times
- Best places for business and careers - 08 May 2006 - Read 7687 times