Новости иммиграции и эмиграции
- Создано 30.11.2006 20:59
51. How many justices are on the Supreme Court?
• Nine (9)
52. Who nominates justices to the Supreme Court?
• The President
53. Name one thing only the federal government can do.
• Print money
• Declare war
• Create an army
• Make treaties
54. What is one thing only a state government can do?
• Provide schooling and education
• Provide protection (police)
• Provide safety (fire departments)
• Give a driver's license
• Approve zoning and land use
55. What does it mean that the U.S. Constitution is a constitution of limited powers?
• The federal government has only the powers that the Constitution states that it has.
• The states have all powers that the federal government does not.
56. Who is the Governor of your state?
• Answers will vary.
[District of Columbia and U.S. Territory residents would answer that they do not have a state governor or that they do not live in a state. Mentioning the governor of the territory for Guam is acceptable. Any answer that mentions one of these facts is acceptable.]
57. What is the capital (or capital city) of your state?
• Answers will vary. [District of Columbia residents would answer that DC is not a state, and that therefore it does not have a capital. Any answer that mentions one of these facts is acceptable.]
58. What are the two major political parties in the U.S. today?
• Democrats and Republicans
59. What is the highest court in the U.S.?
• The Supreme Court
60. What is the majority political party in the House of Representatives now?
• Democratic Party
61. What is the political party of the majority in the Senate now?
• Democratic Party
62. What is the political party of the President now?
• Republican Party
63. Who is the Speaker of the House of Representatives now?
• Nancy Pelosi
64. Who is the Senate Majority Leader now?
• Harry Reid
65. In what month are elections held in the United States?
66. What is the current minimum wage in the U.S.?
67. When must all males register for the Selective Service?
• At age 18
• At 18
68. Who is the Secretary of State now?
• Dr. Condoleezza Rice
• Condoleezza Rice
• Dr. Rice
69. Who is the Attorney General now?
• Alberto Gonzales
70. Is the current President in his first or second term?
71. What is self-government?
• Powers come from the people.
• Government responds to the people.
72. Who governs the people in a self-governed country?
• The people govern themselves.
• The government elected by the people.
73. What is the "rule of law"?
• Everyone must obey the law.
• Leaders must obey the law.
• Government must obey the law.
74. What are "inalienable rights"?
• Individual rights that people are born with
75. There are four amendments to the Constitution about who can vote. Describe one of them.
• Any citizen over 18 can vote.
• A citizen of any race can vote.
• Any male or female citizen can vote. (Women and men can vote.)
• You don't have to pay to vote. (You don't have to pay a poll tax to vote.)
Related news items:
Popular news items:
- Результаты лотереи грин кард 2015 - 01 Май 2014 - Read 58637 times
- Результаты лотереи грин кард 2013 - 01 Май 2012 - Read 51477 times
- Результаты лотереи грин кард 2014 - 01 Май 2013 - Read 43942 times
- Результаты лотереи грин кард 2016. Проверка в 2015. - 05 Май 2015 - Read 37167 times
- Лотерея грин кард DV 2015. Розыгрыш ПМЖ США 2013 г. - 10 Окт 2013 - Read 23404 times