Новости иммиграции и эмиграции
- Создано 30.11.2006 20:59
101. What group of essays supported passage of the U.S. Constitution?
• The Federalist Papers
102. Name one of the major American Indian tribes in the United States.
• Cherokee, Seminoles, Creek, Choctaw, Arawak, Iroquois, Shawnee, Mohegan, Chippewa, Huron, Oneida, Sioux, Cheyenne, Lakotas, Crows, Blackfeet, Teton, Navajo, Apaches, Pueblo, Hopi, Inuit
[Adjudicators will be supplied with a complete list.]
103. Name one war fought by the United States in the 1800s.
• War of 1812, Mexican American War, Civil War, or Spanish-American War.
104. What territory did the United States buy from France in 1803?
• The Louisiana Territory
105. What country sold the Louisiana Territory to the United States?
106. In 1803, the United States bought a large amount of land from France. Where was that land?
• West of the Mississippi
• The Western U.S.
• The Louisiana Territory
107. Name one of the things that Abraham Lincoln did.
• Saved (or preserved) the Union.
• Freed the slaves
• Led the U.S. during the Civil War.
108. Name the U.S. war between the North and the South.
• The Civil War
109. Name one problem that led to the Civil War.
• Economic reasons
• States' rights
110. What did the Emancipation Proclamation do?
• Freed slaves in the Confederacy
• Freed slaves in the Confederate states
• Freed slaves in most Southern states
111. What did the abolitionists try to end before the Civil War?
112. What did Susan B. Anthony do?
• She fought for women's rights.
113. Name one war fought in the United States in the 1900s.
• World War I, World War II, Korean War, Vietnam War, or Gulf (or Persian Gulf) War
114. Who was President during World War I?
• Woodrow Wilson
115. The United States fought Japan, Germany, and Italy during which war?
• World War II
116. What was the main concern of the United States during the Cold War?
• The spread of communism
• The Soviet Union [USSR and Russia are also acceptable.]
117. What major event happened on September 11, 2001, in the United States?
• Terrorists attacked The United States.
118. What international organization was established after World War II (WWII) to keep the world at peace?
• The United Nations
119. What alliance of North America and European countries was created during the Cold War?
• NATO (North Atlantic Treaty Organization)
120. Who was President during the Great Depression and World War II?
• Franklin Roosevelt
121. Which U.S. World War II general later became President?
• Dwight Eisenhower
122. What did Martin Luther King, Jr. do?
• He fought for civil rights.
• He strove for (worked for, fought for) equality for all Americans.
123. Martin Luther King, Jr. had a dream for America. What was his dream?
• Equality for all Americans
• Civil rights for all
124. What movement tried to end racial discrimination?
• The civil rights movement
125. What is the longest river in the United States?
• The Mississippi River
Related news items:
Popular news items:
- Результаты лотереи грин кард 2015 - 01 Май 2014 - Read 55312 times
- Результаты лотереи грин кард 2013 - 01 Май 2012 - Read 46545 times
- Результаты лотереи грин кард 2014 - 01 Май 2013 - Read 39170 times
- Результаты лотереи грин кард 2016. Проверка в 2015. - 05 Май 2015 - Read 33473 times
- Лотерея грин кард DV 2015. Розыгрыш ПМЖ США 2013 г. - 10 Окт 2013 - Read 20758 times